2019 DMA West Education Summit & Vendor Showcase
October 2-4, 2019 | Sacramento, California
CALL FOR PRESENTATION PROPOSALS - Submit by May 10.
Management and Marketing Strategies for Destination Marketers
The 2019 DMA West Education Summit & Vendor Showcase, to be held October 2-4, in Sacramento, is an inclusive opportunity for DMA West members to engage in exceptional learning experiences that help advance organizational effectiveness and professional development.
Are you able to provide new tactics, technologies and insights to increase marketers’ abilities to enhance their organizations, destinations and marketing and management programs? Do you have knowledge and expertise to further enhance the roles of destination marketers?
DMA West brings together marketing, management and product development experts to present strategies and solutions that have direct relevance to the DMO industry. At the Education Summit destination marketers and industry partners gather to exchange time, resources, strategies, solutions, and more.
To submit a session proposal for presentation consideration at the 2019 DMA West Education Summit, please see information below.
DMA West is seeking session proposals that reflect the best thinking in the field, informed by research and practice. Preference may be given to proposals that are positioned to deliver a mix of the following:
- Reflect innovative, cutting-edge content and evidence-based practice
- Present a business case with evidence supported by research or data
- Provoke discussion, audience engagement and outcome-focused design
- Facilitate knowledge transfer and development of new competencies
- Target destination marketers from western destinations
- Demonstrate relevance of lessons through “real-life” case studies
Each Education Summit workshop session is 60 minutes and attended by DMO delegates and some vendor delegates. Proposal submissions may also be considered for general session presentations. The sessions are promoted in the registration brochure, on the DMA West website and in the onsite program.
HOW TO RESPOND
Session proposals are being accepted now through May 10. To share your professional knowledge and skills, please see the Submit Proposal link below. Submissions will be considered by the 2019 DMA West Education Summit Planning Committee.
The Education Summit Planning Committee will be reviewing the session proposals based on the following attributes: Relevance | Program Design | Ability to Inspire Action | Overall Quality
Session proposals will be judged on how well they meet the following criteria.
- Clarity of session description
- A minimum of three well-defined, measurable objectives for the session
- Session relates directly to the destination marketing profession
- Experience and credentials of presenter(s) related to the session topic
- Presenter’s knowledge of the destination marketing/travel industry
- Timeliness of the topic
DMA West staff will notify all respondents of their session proposal status by June 24, 2019.