Technology Strategies for Destination Marketers
The 2019 DMA West Tech Summit & Vendor Showcase, to be held March 20-22, in Albuquerque, is an inclusive opportunity for DMA West members to engage in exceptional learning experiences that help advance organizational effectiveness and professional development.
Are you able to provide new tactics, technologies and insights to increase marketers’ abilities to enhance their destination marketing programs? DMA West members are seeking information about clarifying complex technology choices and understanding how consumers and clients use technology to gather information and make travel and meeting decisions. DMA West brings together marketing and technology experts to present strategies and solutions that have direct relevance to our industry.
To submit a session proposal for presentation consideration at the 2019 DMA West Tech Summit, please see information below.
DMA West is seeking session proposals that reflect the best thinking in the field, informed by research and practice. Preference may be given to proposals that are positioned to deliver a mix of the following:
- Reflect innovative, cutting-edge content and evidence-based practice
- Present a business case with evidence supported by research or data
- Provoke discussion, audience engagement and outcome-focused design
- Facilitate knowledge transfer and development of new competencies
- Target destination marketers from western destinations
- Demonstrate relevance of lessons through “real-life” case studies
Each Tech Summit workshop session is 60 minutes and attended by 80-90 delegates (DMO representatives and some vendor delegates). Proposal submissions may also be considered for general session presentations. The sessions are promoted in the registration brochure, on the DMA West website and in the onsite program.
HOW TO RESPOND
Session proposals are being accepted now through November 9, 2018. To share your professional knowledge and skills, please see the Submit Proposal link below. Submissions will be considered by the 2019 DMA West Tech Summit Planning Committee.
The Tech Summit Planning Committee will be reviewing the session proposals based on the following attributes.
Relevance | Program Design | Ability to Inspire Action | Overall Quality
Session proposals will be judged on how well they meet the following criteria.
- Clarity of session description
- A minimum of three well-defined, measurable objectives for the session.
- Session relates directly to destination marketers’ interests, with an emphasis on technology
- Experience and credentials of presenter(s) related to the session topic
- Presenter’s knowledge of the destination marketing/travel industry
- Timeliness of the topic
DMA West staff will notify all respondents of their session proposal status by December 12, 2018.