Professional of Destination Management (PDM): Fundamentals
Destinations International and DMA West partnered to present the Professional of Destination Management (PDM): Fundamentals course as a pre-Education Summit offering in Boise. Destination professionals were encouraged to take the course whether or not they are pursuing the PDM certificate. Fundamentals is an interactive educational course focusing on the evolving trends in the travel and tourism industry and marketplace and how destination organizations successfully align with these changes.
Special thanks to instructor Jack Wert, who endured weather-related airline delays (coming and going!) to be with us in Boise. Wert is executive director of the Naples, Marco Island, Everglades Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Some of the key topics covered in the Fundamentals course include:
- The destination organization’s evolving role and value to the destination.
- The destination organization’s operating environment and structure.
- Marketing and Management
- Strategic Planning
- Research/Data Analysis
- Leisure & Convention Sales
- Engaging tourism stakeholders in destination place-making
- Super trends for destination organizations
- DMAP Accreditation and CDME Credential
This course is one of seven in the Professional of Destination Management (PDM) certificate program redesigned in partnership with George Washington University.