DMO Visitor Guide Readership & Conversion Study
Research Study Continues Through Q2 2021
The DMA West Education & Research Foundation retained Destination Analysts to assist DMOs in developing a profile of travelers who use DMO-published official Visitor Guides and estimate the Return on Investment these official Visitor Guides bring to their respective communities.
Special thanks to those DMOs participating in the study: Casper, Fairbanks, Grand Junction, Lubbock, Olympic Peninsula, Seattle Southside, Tempe, Tucson, Tuolumne County, Washington County (OR), Yosemite Madera County and Greater Zion.
Sincere appreciation to Miles Partnership as the study’s Signature Sponsor in helping to underwrite the study with a $15,000 sponsorship.
Given the impact of COVID-19, Destination Analysts has implemented the following in regard to the Foundation’s Visitor Guide Readership & Conversion Study in response to the public health crisis.
- To help the DMOs participating in the study with additional metrics to have for their communications strategies around COVID-19, Destination Analysts has added questions to the survey specifically addressing these travelers/visitor guide requestors’ sentiment and behaviors as a result of the coronavirus.
- Destination Analysts will extend the research study period for two quarters—through Q2 2021.
Destination Analysts believes that the data collected during the disrupted period will ultimately be quite valuable in demonstrating the importance of DMO efforts.
In late summer/early fall 2021, the DMA West Foundation will release the Executive Summary of the study on a complimentary basis to the destination marketing industry at large.
The Board previously approved Foundation grants for the western DMO participants in the 2020 Visitor Guide Readership & Conversion Study as follows:
- DMO with budgets of less than $1 million | Foundation Grant: $5,000
- DMO with budgets of $1 million to $5 million | Foundation Grant: $2,500
- DMO with budgets more than $5 million | No Foundation Grant