2016 Champions of Economic Impact in Sports Tourism
In November 2016 Sports Destination Management announced the 2016 Champions of Economic Impact in Sports Tourism. According to Sports Destination Management, the 2016 winners are responsible for contributing more $800 million to the national economy during the past year.
See DMA West-member destinations from the list of winners.
Mid- to Large Market Champions
- Sin City Shootout Sports Festival & Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
- The Youth Baseball Nationals presented by Athletic Sports & Reno Tahoe USA
- National Junior College Athletic Association Division I Women’s Basketball National Championship & Lubbock Sports
Small Market Champions
- 2016 Washington Rush Cup & Snohomish County Sports Commission
- Speedo 2016 Summer Sectionals California-Nevada & Hosted by Placer Valley Tourism
“Nominations exceeded expectations. We were overwhelmed by the volume and scope of entries — from team to individual, across all disciplines and all levels of play,” said publisher Fonda Johnson. The most outstanding of those received were recognized and presented with event details in a special feature published in the November/December 2016 issue of Sports Destination Management.